Monday, March 31, 2008

What a great Weekend

Can I just say it was so nice to be with Ben for the whole weekend! We get busy during the week, and time seems to fly when we're apart, but man was it fun to be together. We had a really fun weekend at home, with just the right mix of good friends, good food, and relaxation! On Friday night we got together to hang out with our good friends Jake and Erica. Actually, the real reason we went over to hang out with them was so we could play with Gavin...basically the coolest kid ever. If I could guarantee that my kid would be as cute and cool as Gavin, I might actually consider having a kid, but because I just can't guarantee that, I'll stick to hanging out with Gav on the weekends! I thought it would be a fun idea for Gavin to play with my camera, and boy was I right. He had so much fun taking self portraits of himself, I wasn't sure I was ever going to get the camera back. He got a little mixed up with the direction the camera needed to be facing, and I'll be honest, I was a little worried he was going to blind himself with the flash, but it ended up being ok! In addition to playing with the camera, we had some serious running races, we took a nap on the floor together, and Gav got a big kick out of repeatedly waking Benny up! (so Gav calls Ben "Benny", and for some ridiculous reason it's totally stuck with us, so I'm always calling Ben "Benny" now, it's kinda funny)







Saturday morning we slept in....of course (another reason why I can't consider having kids any time soon!). Then we had breakfast at our favorite little place downtown. We have a tradition that every conference weekend we go to Penny Cluse for breakfast before the first session on Saturday, but since I'm going to Bennington over conference weekend, we decided to go this past weekend. For those of you who are local....you have to check this place out. I promise it's worth the wait!



After breakfast, we of course had to do a little shopping on Church Street. (Just as a side not, this past week I worked 12 hours at BR, sold $6000 worth of clothes for them, and probably didn't even break even after I made a few necessary weekly purchases. Too bad we don't work on commission. At what point do I need to cut my losses and quit??)
Saturday afternoon we spent relaxing and catching up on some Friday Night Lights episodes. Such a great show btw.
Then we enjoyed a lovely evening at the church for the YW broadcast. I love my calling in the Young Womens. We have the best girls ever.

Sunday was full of church, games and naps. It doesn't get much better than that. I'm pretty sure I killed Ben at St. Petersburg, but we ran out of time to really seal the deal. (Thanks Mike and Kristin for introducing us to that game. If anyone is looking for a good two player game, we totally recommend it! And btw...don't judge it by the box, I know it looks weird, but it's tons of fun!)

I'm so glad that I'm down to only 5 more sleeps alone! I'm looking forward to spending the weekend in Bennington, enjoying General Conference together, and shopping at the outlets in Manchester!

8 comments:

Annette said...

It sounds like you had a great time together! Its important to have time as a couple before having kids. Scott & I were married 5 yrs before Dwight arrived... that's longer than I'd recommend to others but it was good for us. During 4th year Ben can take a paternity month to be with his wife & a new baby (so great!!) if he wants too. Anyway, just keep having a wonderful time together and I'll stop giving unsolicited advice! :)

M said...

hmmmm...i think benny is the perfect nickname for ben. we should all adopt it.

btw, glad to hear about your blog. look forward to reading about all you guys are up to. and one of these days i hope to head back up there and join you for brunch at penny cluse.

Burke family said...

Wow! Sounds like a fun filled weekend. I only have one problem... I am going to have to debate about this Gavin being the coolest kid ever... I definitely will have to say Jordan takes that title! But of course, you wouldn't know that since you haven't even met him yet... so I guess I'll forgive you this time! :)

Nat said...

I love that Gavin calls Ben Benny. That is so cute! I'm glad you have survived without Ben at home. I actually think it's kind of fun to be all alone sometimes!! Have fun this weekend and Happy Birthday tomorrow!!

Anonymous said...

Heather, you are going to love Manchester Village!

greg stockhoff said...

Well it is official...you have been added to the blog! It'll fun to have you guys in town for a few days in June. I told Ben that I'm putting in my outlook now so that my computer at work will remind me everyday that I have plans at the end of June. It's a couple months away but it'll fly right by. Oh and Happy Birthday today!

Unknown said...

Okay so I DO want to visit you in Vermont! We will definitely have to plan a trip when we get back to the States. That little breakfast place looks so fun. Glad you guys are practicing your parenting skills.

Unknown said...

What a great weekend! Justin has eaten at Penny Cluse and I want to go too! Maybe one of these days we will have to get one of those amazing young women to babysit so that we can go!

Manchester Village looks awesome! Glad you had a good time!