Sunday, March 16, 2008

HE PASSED!

So....best news ever. Ben passed the boards. Not only did he pass (he was worried...I wasn't) but he did awesome and is very happy with his score. Can I just say it is a huge relief to know he's actually going to become a doctor! I can't even really imagine the pressure of taking an exam so difficult and important, but I'm just so happy that it is over, and that he can sleep a little better now! I have to admit...I was a little surprised by how nervous he was. To say that I am the "stressed" one in the relationship is kind of an understatement. I lose sleep over giving a Young Women lesson, and get nauseous about a piano lesson where I'm not sure how to help my student! Ben is definitely a calming influence on me, and helps me take a deep breath and recognize what is really important and worth getting stressed about. So you can only imagine what my stress level was at when he started feeling sick to his stomach and losing sleep over finding out his score! All I can say is I am so thrilled it is over, and feel so blessed that he passed!



In honor of his great score, we decided to go to Outback! Nothing says congratulations better than a steak! (The fact of the matter is I don't even like Outback that much, but we did go there the day we found out Ben got accepted to Med School, so it only seemed fitting to go there to celebrate his board score!)


5 comments:

Erica said...

Congrats Ben! It's so great that the guys have that test over with and can be moving on to rotations.
We will have to do lots this month to make it go fast for you!

Annette said...

Congrats Ben!! It is such a relief when they pass something that big & important. I am happy for you guys.

I also feel your pain over having Ben gone for an entire month. Scott was in Rutland for 2 weeks, and then did his other rotations for that section in Berlin & Middlebury. Yucky far away. Ben doesn't have to go to Maine, does he? Scott almost had to, but we got it switched, thankfully!

Unknown said...

Yay Ben! I'm glad that the boards are over (well, for now)! If you ever need to hang out while Ben's gone, give me a call!

Nat said...

I am so glad that they have their scores. What a relief! I'm glad Ben did well. Call me if you need someone to hang out with while Ben is gone, or if you don't feel like cooking dinner or something- you can join us! Niah had fun at your house the other night, she keeps talking about Ben and Heather's.

Unknown said...

Hey Heather! It was so good to hear from you on the blog. I didn't realize that you had one too. I linked yours to mine as well. Looks like things are going well for you guys. Congratulations to Ben on passing the boards. How exciting! Your trip to Mexico looked amazing. When we get back to the States we'd definitely like to do something like that. I miss you and hope we'll be able to meet up again one of these days!