Sunday, April 13, 2008

Outlet Shopping


I'm hoping someone reading this post knows who this is a picture of.....(Project Runway anyone?) Our weekend in Manchester/Bennington was a definite success. The outlets are some of the best I've ever been to. The highlights involved spending way too much time and money at Banana Republic (Ben was pretty patient. I think we were there for at least two hours. At one point one of the ladies working there asked me if my cute husband was asleep in the dressing room!), purchasing some killer shoes at BCBG, finding a sweet Burberry Golf argyle sweater for Ben, and then the obvious steal of the day, the Michael Kors winter coat that was originally $350 that I snagged for $78. It's hard to beat that kind of a deal.

We spent the majority of the day shopping, with the agreement that we would spend the evening watching the final four basketball games. Seeing as how I love basketball, and I love shopping, it was kind of a win-win situation for me! We stayed at a surprisingly nice Hampton Inn with the biggest, softest bed EVER! The drive from Burlington to Bennington was really quite beautiful. We had some serious car problems with our Explorer on the way to Manchester, but luckily we found a mechanic that was open, who was able to fix our problems. (when I got the tires rotated a week before, they hadn't tightened the lug nuts tight enough, and the wheels were basically on the verge of coming off. It was kind of unnerving to say the least.) Overall, I would highly recommend to anyone making the trip down to Manchester to visit the outlets. Manchester is such a cute town with lots of great restaurants, and enough good shopping to sufficiently break your bank account!

5 comments:

Erica said...

I want to go so bad to those outlets! they sound so great. At least you guys got some pretty fun weekends out of the rotation in Bennington! Car problems are the worst! Thanks to the tire people for not tightening the tires enough...

Unknown said...

Wow, you got some great deals! I'm glad that you were able to get your car fixed, that sounds scary.

M said...

i'd really love to see your purchases...you should post pics of you in your coat and ben in his sweater.

Nat said...

I'm glad you had fun shopping. It sounds like you found some great deals. I love finding bargains like that!

The Mrs. said...

Oh man, you shouldn't have said anything about that mall...now I'm gonna have to go! Aaron's gonna kill me!!! I agree, you should definatly take some pics of your purchases!