Monday, March 24, 2008

Why was this possibly a good idea??

With all the blogging of healthy recipes and diets that everyone is on these days...I thought it important to share with you my dieting strategy....a straight diet of Cadbury Mini Eggs.
Why I thought it was a good idea to buy 5 19oz bags, I'm not exactly sure, but here are some of my thoughts on the subject:
I am basically obsessed with this candy, and I wait all year for Easter to come around so I can eat them. When Valentines day is finally over, I anxiously await the arrival of the Mini Eggs to the grocery store. I then proceed to eat a concentrated diet of mini eggs for close to a month straight, trying to over dose on them so that I can stand to wait a whole year before eating them again.
It finally dawned on me this year that instead of eating them non stop for a month....why not stock up for the whole year, and enjoy their chocolaty goodness all year round. With a helpful tip from my friend Erica who opened my mind to the beauty of FREEZING mini eggs, I then proceeded to go from store to store, trying to locate sufficient mini egg storage for the year.
(Let us also discuss the fact that if you are planning on adopting this strategy....make sure you wait until AFTER Easter to stock up. All grocery stores sell their Easter candy at 50% off the day after Easter.)
So now that my freezer is completely packed full with mini eggs, I feel confident that I will not have to face any serious mini egg withdrawal for hopefully quite some time.
And did I ever mention Ben's food storage idea?? He thought it would be most beneficial to stock up on boxes and boxes of cookies since they are loaded with calories, and don't go bad for a long time. So along the same thought process...I'm really just padding our food storage. You never know when it might come in handy!
Bottom line...it's a good thing I have a gym membership and that I love to work out.
Happy Easter!

6 comments:

Erica said...

You are so funny! Easter candy is by far the best out there! I completely agree on stocking up for the year. At least I know where to go for food storage now... mini eggs and cookies, what more could you ask for?

Erica said...

One question... Are they girl scout cookies?!?

Nat said...

This is how I feel about Robin Eggs. They are so good, I think I ate a whole carton yesterday. Keeping them for food storage is actually not a bad idea!!

Vanessa said...

what happened to your black background? I liked it!

Mike and Kristin said...

Seriously, all this sugary talk is making me ill. I guess a lot of things are making me ill these days. The morning sickness has begun. Actually plain dark chocolate takes the edge of morning sickness real well. Pack that tidbit away for future use Heather!

Katie said...

you are insane. . . in a good way!