Sunday, May 31, 2009

Whirlwind!

Thankfully, one of the two most stressful days of the year has come and gone, quite successfully I might add. Yesterday we held two of the four end-of-year piano recitals for our students at Fox Music Studio! Between the three teachers we have about 120 students, hence the need for four recitals. I end up sleeping terrible the week before recitals...I can't get the kid's recital songs out of my head, and I have endless nightmares about all the things that could potentially go wrong on recital day! Luckily, it was a fairly tear-free day (there were several lessons that ended in tears earlier in the week, so I was feeling particularly anxious!) My kids played awesome, and the parents were of course very pleased with their performances.




Poor Ben didn't have much of a relaxing weekend. He finished his research rotation at Wills on Friday, drove home from Philadelphia late Friday night, just in time to console the stressed out piano teacher, was the official videographer/photographer/moral supporter at the marathon recitals all day Saturday, and then got up this morning at 4:45am and headed to Tucson to start his final away rotation tomorrow morning. He's such a good sport! I'm counting down the days till I join him...only 13 days to go. I can't wait for the AZ heat and time to be together!

We did manage to get in a little pre-birthday celebration since we'll be apart for Ben's birthday next Sunday. Bad year for birthdays this year, we were/will be apart for both. I tried to make up for it by making Ben a ridiculously ugly eyeball cake. It was definitely no Kunz classic "apple sauce ducky cake" but we just might have created a new BH Kunz tradition! It's amazing what kind of silly ideas you can come up with talking to a sister and searching the internet WAY too late at night!

10 comments:

Katie said...

Glad the recitals went well! Love the cake and the new bangs.

Rebecca said...

Yay for Tucson! You have been waiting for the heat! :) How cute are you with the eyeball cake... very clever!

P.S. I love your hair! :)

Ben said...

wow. apparently i have a blog! after being locked out for a while, i can see what my wife and i have been up to. oh yeah, and the eyeball cake was sweet.

Burke family said...

Oh man, that eyeball cake is pretty sweet, but nothing beats the applesauce ducky cake. Yummy!

M said...

your hair looks amazing, heather!

Erica said...

Love your new hair style. I love that you get so caught up in the rectial. I completely know what you mean getting the songs in your head, same with dance rectials. Love the eye cake! Very cute!

DMC Studios said...

Wow. That cake is round. How did you do that? I'm very impressed.

Great job on the recitals-I'm sure those kids love you!

Your new hair looks just like Kate Hudson in Bride Wars. But you rock it even better! Cute!

DMC Studios said...

Go here http://canlasphotography.blogspot.com/2009/06/singapore-contax-645.html

Isn't that Pace?

Nat said...

You forgot to add that Ben also helped your friends move!! what a busy time for you two. Thanks so much for Ben's help on saturday. We really appreciated it.

Jennifer Long said...

SO Ben should appreciate having a pretty great wife. I think that is the best (and most thoughtful and funny) eyeball cake I have ever seen!