Friday, June 12, 2009

It's official...

My second year of teaching is OVER! I I had my last official day today. It's hard to believe another year has come and gone. I loved this year even more than last year. My students made such great progress, I became much closer friends with so many families, and I really felt like I developed some of my own approaches and ideas. I can hardly wait for next year! As far as I know, all but two of my students will be returning, and I've added a couple of new younger sibling to my schedule. Today was also (hopefully) my last Friday of teaching...ever (or last for the next year!) I'm hoping to cram all 35-40 lessons into four days next year....it's all about the perma-three day weekend! I figure with Ben being around a little more it would be nice to have one day a week off...so here's to hoping I can fit all my lesson in Monday-Thursday!

The last recitals went great as well. I seriously felt like a proud mom as I watched all my students perform!

(This is my cute student Griffin who no joke, is quite literally obsessed with playing the piano. He will play anywhere between 3-5 hours a day. His parents finally had to buy an electric keyboard in addition to their regular piano so that he didn't keep his little sister up at night!)

I leave for Tucson early tomorrow morning...and let me just state for the record...I am so glad these past four month have come and gone, and that Ben and I will finally get back to normal life. It's been a great spring full of travel and fun, but I am very happy to get back to a normal routine.

Ben has been enjoying life in Tucson...I think the highlight for him was taking the bus to the movies last Friday night!

2 comments:

Burke family said...

yay! I'm so glad you get to be back together again. And I'm definitely all for the 3 day weekend - Chris doesn't have class on Fridays so hopefully we'll be spending lots of them together! :) Can't wait!

DMC Studios said...

"Perma 3-day weekend"--oh I love Heather-isms. I'm so happy you and Ben will be together again! And have soooo much fun in AZ! I wish I could go layout with you. He rode the bus? hahaha