Sunday, May 3, 2009

Beware

Last month Ben surprised me with a new pair of running shoes for my birthday.
When I opened up the box from Under Armor, this is what I found...


Size 12 mens lime green running shoes. Not exactly what I was expecting.

No big deal right, I thought I'd mail them back the next day and have my shoes in plenty of time to break them in for the half marathon on the 18th.

As it turns our, Under Armor isn't super proficient at processing on-line returns. It took them an entire MONTH to finally deliver the right pair....

BUT, after several complaints and persistent phone calls with UA sales people, we did manage to score the shoes for FREE. And a $20 gift card.

Moral of the story....don't order running shoes from Under Armor if you need them to arrive in any sort of timely fashion!

5 comments:

M said...

that sucks. but on the bright side, now ben has to buy you another bday present since you ended up getting the shoes for free. right?

Julie Mack said...

Nice shoes! And nice job on the half marathon, I'm very impressed! I'll start training now for next year :) I want to do a triathlon in September, want to join me? I'm a little worried about how I'd get a bike there though (it's in Delaware)...hmmm. Things to ponder.

Erica said...

Not fun dealing with those kinds of people! But that is great you got them for free! That is great! And they are very cute and girly!

Burke family said...

Under Armour running shoes?!?! I thought we had some loyalty here! Kunz and I are Nike guys all the way and now this? Gotta say, I'm a little disappointed...

-chris

Julianne said...

Alrighty, so I just came to your blog and realized I have missed about a billion posts because somehow it got deleted from my "blogs I check" list on my blog. Boo on that, but YEAH for your half marathon! And completely FREE + $20 g.c. shoes! Yeah! Ryan and I are looking at new shoes for each of us...makes me want to cry to think about spending that much. Except, not cry, but cheer, because we both need shoes so badly.

Anyway - congrats on your 1/2 marathon, that really is such an accomplishment. And now I'm going to go re-add you to my bloggie list.