Friday, April 25, 2008

Rock Stars at Heart

For the ward talent show last week, Ben decided we should form a band! Luckily I was fortunate enough to be invited to be in the band. I'm glad I made the cut too, cause we rocked the house! I have to say that this whole experience unleashed the inner rock star in me, and it turned out to be really fun. Our band consisted of Ben on guitar and vocals for one number, our friend and EQP Greg on drums, one of the YM (Daniel) on bass, Rick, a fellow med student on vocals....and me on piano. We played two numbers; "How to Save a Life" by the Fray, and "Eight Days a Week" by the Beatles. I recognize that neither of these tunes are particularly "rock" in nature, but my only concern was what the band was going to wear, and how we were going to look the part of rock stars. I'm pretty sure I win the award for "best dressed band member", no one else seemed nearly as concerned about dressing up!
We had a great time, and rumor has it there's talk of having us play again sometime in the future...!!







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you rawk'd the house! (and looked great doing it, too)

Julie Mack said...

This is so great! I love your matching rock outfits!

Unknown said...

I'm sad we missed it, it looks awesome!

Erica said...

We should have been there! How funny! Your outfit was by far the best!

Unknown said...

Dude. . . can you guys book for Rachel's 30th?