Tuesday, December 22, 2009

There are so many things I will miss when we leave Vermont. I'm mostly trying to not even think about it. It's better to live in denial. Or at least live in the present.

I really am doing my best to not be prematurely sad...but when we had our Christmas benefit at the studio this past weekend, and I realized this was my last Christmas with my students...and that the inevitable end of year really isn't that far off, I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed. I'm sure there will be new great students wherever we end up, but there is something about this group of students that makes it particularly sentimental for me. Probably the fact they were my first. And so many of them have been with me from the beginning. And have made so much progress. And probably because people in Vermont are just great. It will be hard to top this group of kids!


One thing I will not miss however...is teaching 40+ lessons a week. I think 20/week sounds much better! It's not that it's time intensive...but there is a limit to how many wrong notes I can take in any given week. And I hit my max by Wednesday!

Starting the end of March I will be taking on 10 more students to help a coworker who is having a baby. Maybe Teaching 50+ lessons a week for the last few months will help me to not feel that sad about leaving!

In other news...
Ben is finally done with interviewing. He had his last interview in Phoenix today. It has been a very long few months (much harder on him than me, although I always hate it when he's gone) with tons of flights and many many hours spent in the car. It will be so nice to get back into a normal routine again. Let the count down to Match Day begin!!

5 comments:

DMC Studios said...

Yes! Keep us posted! It's crazy the ties you can make in a short time. Good thing I'm not your student bc you'd go crazy with the wrong notes (playing or singing---how did you ever sit by in me church?)

Anonymous said...

I have begun to feel sad too. Vermont has been extremely good to us and we sill miss the simplicity of life here, and the unpretentious people, who are so real and kind. You've be one of those for us. You've made our time in Vermont one we'll always cherish. Thanks!

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

Keep us posted, we'll be anxious to hear!

Michelle said...

OK...so, when IS Match Day? The Wrights are getting very, very anxious and excited for everyone!!! You're right...it's not the same anywhere else - enjoy it :) MISS YOU!

Laura Roberts said...

I can't even imagine the schedule you're keeping! You're awesome!