Sunday, June 28, 2009

All good things must come to an end!

The second week in Tucson was equally as fun as the first! Between Ben's busy work schedule, and my busy pool schedule, we did manage to fit in quite a few fun, local activities and events.


Enjoying Tucson's famous Eegee's Slushes



Reid Park Zoo- it was surprisingly big and beautiful


Lots of sun/pool time

Our favorite little breakfast diner- breakfast cooked by Bobo himself! What's not to love about a greasy chocolate chip pancake the size of a large dinner plate!


Riding the Old Pueblo Trolley downtown and browsing through all sorts of cute little shops



Visiting with our friends from Vermont who just moved to Tucson for residency. Hopefully we'll join you guys someday soon!!

So obviously I loved Tucson. The weather was gorgeous the entire time we were there. I'm a little biased though, I love 100+ degree weather! It was great to be together and we had a fun time exploring a new city.

Ben is finally done with traveling for a while...nothing big until interviews! He's studying the month of July for the boards, and then he has the entire month of August off for vacation! We're already making plans!

As for me...it's back to work. I'm teaching five weeks of summer lessons, and looking for another job. It was nice to have a few months off from working a second job, but I'm ready to be busy again. It's more fun that way!

6 comments:

April said...

You look really tan, blond, and hot. That bikini is really hot, too. It reminds me of when we were sister missionaries, cuz you know how we wore those all the time. Wait... nope, no we didn't. Cuz we were chubby and we couldn't go swimming. But you already knew that. Well thanks for inviting me to your blog, that void in my heart has now been filled! Love ya!

Burke family said...

Glad you guys had fun, but I'm glad you're heading back East cuz we're going to be there soon too. :) We can't wait to see you!

Erica said...

What a fun break! You both look great! I wish we were part of your plans for August we would really love to see you. I haven't been to Tuscon in years it looks like it has gotten a lot nicer. What a cute little trolley ride! We would love you to be in Arizona too! Not a bad drive to where we are!

Annette said...

I'm so jealous that you got to see the Wrights! I hope you guys get to go to Tucson too. :)

DMC Studios said...

That looks way different than what I remember Tucson looking. You guys are so fun. I hope we get to see ya in August!

Michelle said...

Oh how we LOVED your visit - too brief - so great to see you! The house looks a bit better than when you last saw it, slowly but surely. We miss you guys! Keep posting and I'll keep reading :)