Thursday, March 26, 2009

The beginning of a very busy month...

Tomorrow marks the beginning of what will undoubtedly be a fairly hectic month! It's hard to believe, but Ben actually finishes his month long course in Philadelphia tomorrow. I have to be honest...it did go much faster than expected. It's all about getting into a routine. It was so great we were able to ease into things slowly, and luckily were able to spend every weekend together, thanks to Ben's willingness to drive 14 hours round trip every week!
Kansas will be a bit of a different story...we won't see each other for about three and a half weeks, but the time will fly, I'm sure. It's always comforting to hear how much Ben is enjoying his rotations and how much he feels he is learning and benefiting from being there. It makes the distance somehow seem worth it.
I catch a flight to Philadelphia tomorrow night right after I finish teaching...and we will leave for Kansas in the morning. The drive is about 18 hours. Unfortunately...I'm a bit of a poor planner, and really wanted to see my brother and his family in Cleveland so we will be making a third of the drive on Saturday....and the rest of the drive on Sunday. Should make for a long day, but it's totally worth it. They have the cutest kids!
We'll get in to Kansas late Sunday and I leave at 6:00am Monday to come back to Burlington.
The next weekend I'm in Toronto to see my family...
The following weekend is Easter...I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to do. Maybe I'll head to Boston....
The following weekend I fly to SLC to run a half marathon with family and friends (most of whom are way more hard core than me and are actually running the full marathon)
I'll spend 6 days in Utah catching up with friends and family, and then fly to Kansas to FINALLY see Ben again, and drive home to Burlington with him at the end of his rotation.
I'm so looking forward to spending a few days in Kansas. Ben loves it there so much...I can't wait to finally see some of the places he talks about and get to know the city better.

And then the month is over!
I'm not sure how I intend to hold down jobs and callings between all the traveling, but somehow it will get done.

Side note...Montreal was great! I especially liked taking a taxi into the city from the temple, and having the old front desk temple guy dressed in his white suit and slippers walk my luggage to the taxi. The cab driver was so confused!






5 comments:

The Reynolds Family said...

HOORAY! So glad I'm connected again:) What a crazy month for you...but how fun. I love when life is crazy and I'm seeing people and doing things I enjoy. Good luck on the run... you're a rockstar!!

M said...

i was going to suggest you come here for easter, but then i remembered i'll be in utah. so glad you get to visit ben when he is in kcmo. i love that place!

Katie said...

I definitely vote Boston for Easter -- we'll dye eggs and make lemon meringue pie.

DMC Studios said...

Why don't you try to fit more in your schedule? You're such a slacker. Is Ben in KCMO or KCK?
Yay! Heather is coming to town!!! I'm one of the friends who isn't hard core. I've been sick like 4 out of the past 6 months so I'm hoping I don't hack up a lung during the 5K. I'm such a wuss.
Ben-I like your hair too. I didn't see the pictures of your past hair, but I did see it when it was super long when you and Heather were dating(?) the first time...or was it at Lagoon? No, wait that's when you chipped your tooth on the Colossus. And you turned around to look at David and I with craziest face and I about died from laughing. And then you lost it again about a week later at Betos eating a burrito. Truth?

Julie Mack said...

I can't believe how much you've got going on! Good luck with everything :)

PS I'm loving your hair!