Wednesday, April 1, 2009

1200 Miles Later...

What a weekend! Ben and I had such a great time driving to Kansas. Who knew 20 hours in a car could be that great?!
Friday night I got in late and we did a quick drive through downtown Philadelphia so I could get a feel for the city. We grabbed a bite at Cosi (so yummy) and watched a depressing KU basketball game. We decided to spend the night at the dorm where Ben was staying mostly because it seemed unnecessary to get a hotel if there was already accommodation there....and all I can say is big mistake! I'm sure I'm just spoiled coming from BYU dorms, but man, that place was so disgusting. I'm committed to finding Ben some better lodging arrangements for May. No one should have to live in those kind of conditions!
Saturday we drove to Cleveland. It was a pretty quick drive, and we even got to drive through Lancaster County (Dutch Country). It was so crazy, it was seriously like going back in time. We were a little pressed for time so we had to choose....Amish breakfast, or Target. I chose Target. There's always a next time right?
We had a great time vising with Warren, Leanne and their kids in Cleveland. It was so fun to see their new home and to play with the kids. We're so excited for their newest addition to join the family soon. We're planning to see them again at the end of April on our way home...here's to hoping the baby comes early!! (not going to happen, I realize!)
The drive from Cleveland to Kansas City was great. We hit some rain, but were lucky to not run into snow. I didn't get to see much of the city....mostly just the "Plaza" that I've heard so much about!! It was pretty neat, I'm excited to go back at the end of the month and spend a little time exploring.
We are so fortunate that some close Kunz family friends have opened up their home to Ben and are allowing him to spend the month there. It was great to meet the Beatys on Sunday and it was easy to see why Ben loves their family so much. We are so grateful to them for their kindness and hospitality!
The rotation in Kansas is going great. Ben is working with a great attending and resident. He's really enjoying his time and getting some great exposure to their program.
Hard to believe we're one week into his time in Kansas. I'm in Toronto this weekend to visit my parents and as always am looking forward to quality time with family!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Haha! I would have picked Target too! Good choice. If you are up in Ogden during your Utah visit and feel the need to hit up Target again, let me know! :)

DMC Studios said...

You funny. Target? Haha. So you finally got to see the Plaza. And probably realized there's a lot more talk than anything else about it. At least there's some fountains or the art museum with the huge birdies on the lawn. Tell your fam hi!

Erica said...

For some reason your blog is not showing that it is updated on our blog so we are completely out of the loop with you guys. I need to remember to visit your blog since it doesn't show up. Hope all is well. We miss you guys!