Sunday, March 8, 2009

One Week Down...Only 15 More to Go

We made it! One week out of the way. Ben had a great week in Philadelphia. He is loving the course he's taking. The Wills Eye Hospital sounds like an incredible facility with so many qualified bright people working there. It's one of the largest educational centers in the country for Ophthalmology so it's really neat Ben has this opportunity to learn from such amazing physicians.
The week seemed to go pretty slow, and the weekend of course flew by, but that was to be expected. It was great to have him home for a day and a half...and I'm already looking forward to next weekend.

I hit a mini milestone in my running yesterday. I ran 10 miles for the first time...ever! It was such a great run. The weather was a shocking 44 degrees out so I was able to run outside. I haven't run outside yet this year, so I was thrilled. Beats the treadmill any day. I did completely trash my WHITE running shoes though! The first 30 minutes of the run I was pretty careful to avoid mud and puddles, but after about an hour it just wasn't worth it. The picture hardly does them justice. They are SO dirty!



The best part of the run was having Lance Armstrong come on my NikePlus at the end and congratulate me for my longest run yet. So motivational!
I've been fighting with management at my gym the last few weeks to make an exception to the 45 minute treadmill rule....but have had no success, so hopefully the weather will stay warm and I'll be able to continue running outside!

4 comments:

Nat said...

I'm glad you made it through the first week! 10 miles huh?- that's impressive. I can barely run for 10 minutes! My offer still stands, if you need a girls night call me.

DMC Studios said...

I love that about Nike+! I haven't had lance talk to me in a long time but I sometimes get the others that tell me I was faster. Do you run by mileage, time, or basic? Boy or girl?just wondering. Keep it up sister!

Troy and Mindi said...

Oh, I am jealous of you and your running! I can't wait to get out there again, though it is going to take me awhile before I will be running 10 miles. (especially pushing a stroller.) But maybe when I get there we can be running buddies... It's always more fun when you have someone to go with! Keep it up!

Annette said...

Go Heather!!