Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Where does the time go?

I feel like time is just flying these days. I can't believe I completed my first year of teaching on Friday. I can remember my first day in August so vividly...I felt like I didn't have a CLUE what I was doing. It's amazing how steep the learning curve is when you take on a new job. I can honestly say I loved every day of teaching this year! There were some definite challenges, but I love my students so much, they are just so cute, and each one is so unique. I'm happy to say that all but one of my students are coming back in the fall....plus some new siblings of my current students. I think that puts me at 45 students for fall. I'm not sure how I will find time for them all, but I'm very fortunate to have so many! We had our last recital on Saturday. My students performed so well. I felt like a proud mom, bobbing my head along to the beat of each kid's song!


This past weekend (and in the case of the NBA finals, the last month or two) was devoted mostly to watching Tiger win the US Open (which was kind of disappointing, I wanted the underdog to win), watching the Celtics get beat by the Lakers (I almost cried) and watching "Hotel Rwanda", probably the most heart breaking, but inspirational and moving movies I have ever seen. If you haven't seen it, I would highly recommend watching it. The story is incredible, I feel like in some ways it has literally changed my life.






The summer will no doubt fly by as well. I'm teaching in total only 60 or 70 lessons, which compared to 45 a week, isn't too many. I'm still working at BR, but asked for a pretty light schedule for summer, since I will be pretty busy with YW, and we will be away quite a bit. Let me rephrase...I will be away quite a bit! Between Ben's time off which will be spent in Ogden and Cape Cod, and then Youth Conference in NH, Girls Camp in Sharon, and my sister's graduation in AZ, I can't imagine I will be in town much. Between all of the busy schedules of the summer, I'm also hoping to spend plenty of time by our pool relaxing, and enjoying the brief Vermont summer weather!

5 comments:

Nat said...

Wow, it sounds like you are going to be busy. Congrats on your new YW President calling- you will be awesome! I love the movie Hotel Rwanda, even though it gave me nightmares for a week after watching it. It really is an incredible story.

Burke family said...

Good for you! Sounds like you have had a very successful year of teaching and pretty soon it's going to be more than a full time job. This summer is totally flying by for us too. We'll look forward to hearing about all of your fun trips.

Unknown said...

You are super busy! I will have to watch that movie, I've heard of it, but never really wanted to see it until now. You are taking a lot of trips! I am so jealous that you are going to Cape Cod. You'll have to tell me how it is, maybe I can convince Justin to go!

Three Lads and a Lis said...

Love that movie, we have it if you ever need a fix of "reality" again, I watch it every now and then to remind me that we are so so very blessed and to remind me that there are many people around the world in need - does a good job of putting me back in my place.

You will be so busy this summer, but you're awesome at everything you do - those are some lucky YW! See you at camp for sure.

Cody said...

It was so cool seeing you guys last week. Momma Kunz pork chops hit the spot...and that home-made fudge was mmm-mmmmm-good! Hope you had fun at Bear Lake. See you in another year!