Thursday, March 18, 2010

We're moving to PHOENIX!


Today was the long awaited Match Day...and we were thrilled to find out we will be moving to PHOENIX in June so Ben can complete his Medicine Intern Year!

Thank goodness we get a break from the frozen tundra before we head to Buffalo for three years of FREEZING COLD SNOW!

I hardly know how to put into words the excitement of the last 24 hours!

Below are pictures from the Match Dinner the night before....talk about A LOT of nervous energy!




We have shared so many great times with our friends here in Vermont. It will be sad to say goodbye to so many. But we are grateful for the time we have had here, and look forward to our next chapter!

(Thanks for the great photos Vanessa!)


And in honor of Ben matching in Ophthalmology...I felt it necessary we take a moment to remember the eyeball cake of 2009!

I think it needs to become a tradition!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather! The eyeball cake....ha ha ha...that is so great!!!

Congratulations to you both, for such great news!!! I am so happy for you and will miss you greatly!

Thank you for ALL you've done for the ward here. You will always be remembered for your service and love.

Three Lads and a Lis said...

congrats to both of you, may your summer AND winter be filled with nothing but heat and sunshine :)!

That eyeball cake is hilarious!

Unknown said...

Congratulations guys! I'm going to miss you. One of my favorite memories of med school is the Cinco de Mayo party where Ben showed up with a moustache and some gold chains. Awesome!

The Barkers said...

That is so exciting! Congrats! What a great place to be matched with!

Julianne said...

Congratulations! This Match day that you guys go through...baah! I thought applications and acceptance to get into the post-grad school were antsy-pantsy, I can't even imagine this! Congrats on Phoenix! My sister and family are there and they love the 50 degree winters.

Erica said...

Congrats! AZ will be such a nice change and close to a sibling! I hope we get a visit while you are out here. You need to see the beach before heading to NY!

Burke family said...

Yay! Congrats! I'm so happy for you guys. Maybe after living in the desert you will be ready for the Northeast again, huh? And then we'll both be ready to settle down in the mild Northwest... how does Portland sound to you? :) We sure wish you were here playing with us right now.

Kirby said...

HI!! I am so not ignoring you. If you are still on the apartment hunt I would love to give you feedback...although you must know that I will be attempting to influence you in choosing Tempe the entire time...! :) Give me a call so we can do some planning. 858-231-1494. Can't wait to have you as our neighbors!!!

Ashley said...

Congrats! We loved living in Phoenix when we were there for the summer! Definitely a temperature change for you guys--which I'm sure will be gladly accepted!

Laura Roberts said...

HOORAY!! I'm so happy for you guys. Phoenix will be fun. LOVE the eyeball cake. And your hair is darling!!!