Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Two Years

Time flies when you're having fun!
I remember so distinctly what it was like moving to Burlington and having people ask how long we'd been married...and telling them a week. That response was always good for a laugh, and a "Oh, you're still in the honeymoon phase. Don't worry, that won't last!"
As it turns out, we still get the same response when we tell people how long we've been married.
Maybe after three years they'll stop saying it!

Ben and I have had such a great time being married the last two years, and plan on keeping it that way well into the future. Long live the honeymoon right!

What's crazy for me to think about is the fact that it was well over four years ago that we said goodbye to each other at the MTC before I left for my mission. Can I just say I am so glad that's over!


We've had so many fun and exciting things happen in the last few years....I really just feel so fortunate for the way things have played out in my life to this point. I never really imagined myself being this happy!


Happy 2 years to us!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
M said...

happy anniversary, guys!

btw, just thought you should know that whenever people ask me what i'm looking for in a guy, one of the things i say is someone who is as thrilled to be with me as my brother ben is to be with his wife heather. (and vice versa of course).

Julianne said...

Yay, happy anniversary. I like you both and you just go together so well. Yay for you guys!

And no - people don't stop saying that you're in the "honeymoon phase" even when 3 years has gone by. I'm still getting it, although not as much now that we have our baby boy...I guess life is supposed to really turn "realistic" once a baby comes along...but I still feel like I'm in the honeymoon phase! Yeah, honeymooning!

Erica said...

Happy Anniversary! Time really does fly! Congrats guys!

Nat said...

Happy Anniversary! Two years- that went fast.

Unknown said...

You were the most gorgeous bride! Happy anniversary!

My Name is Mike said...

Very classy of Ben to keep his distance at the MTC like that....he's such a gentleman.

DMC Studios said...

WooHoo! You gotta love Ben's face in the MTC picture...

PS...don't tell any of my brides, but I still love your dress the best. If I could do it all over again, I'd wear your dress, just let out a bit (or a lot) and I'd have you teach me to wear your heels. Sexy, sexy...

Oh and PSS, I cried when I read that Ben was waiting for you at the bikes at your triathalon. I love you two.

Ryan Smart said...

I can't believe it's been two years...we all had money on Heather dumping Ben when she got home...I lost two hundred dollars--thanks a lot! Just kidding, congrats on two years--when you moving out west?

Burke family said...

Happy Anniversary! It hasn't really been two years, has it?! I remember that day so well! Mostly cuz it's the last time we saw you. :( We definitely need to do something about that! TIme has flown by! You guys are so cute! I love how you guys always have so much fun and stay busy doing new things together. Life will always be a honeymoon! We love you guys!

Bart, Erin, Hunter, Jorden and a couple of crazy dogs said...

Congrats on hitting the 2 year mark!

Becca said...

You deserve to be so happy! I loved seeing that picture from your wedding day. What a good day that was! I'm still so happy that you let me be there with you. I love you!