Monday, July 21, 2008

Cape Cod and Youth Conference

Ben and I thoroughly enjoyed our second week of vacation. We spent a couple of days visiting with my parents in Stowe at the resort where they were staying. We played a lot of games, and ate some of the best pizza in the world. Next time you're in Stowe, be sure to stop at "Pie in the Sky." It's awesome!




After Stowe and a full day of teaching for me, we headed to Cape Cod, with bikes, golf clubs and bathing suits in tow. Cape Cod really is a fun, family centered vacation spot. I was amazed by how many mini putt places and ice cream parlors there were. Honestly, they were on every block of main street!

Over the coarse of the week we enjoyed lots of golf (three days in a row to be precise), beach time every day, swimming, leasure bike rides, way too much ice cream, great food and scenic drives.


Golfing....probably the best part of the vaca


The best ice cream on Cape Cod


Cute boy on the beach!


More golf!


Trolley ride in Province Town


Weirdos in Province Town


Beautiful Sunset in Province Town

For the fourth of July we headed back to Boston to spend the holiday with my brother and sister and their families. It was fun to all be together on the Fourth. We headed down to the Charles River on the Subway to watch the fireworks show. It ended up being a great show and a fun way to end our vacation.

In the Subway Station...


On the Subway...


After the Show!


Last Update...

This past weekend I went to New Hampshire with our cute Young Women to chaperone their Youth Conference. The girls had such a fun weekend, and I ended up really enjoying the time away from a messy house, and Girls Camp preparations.


Myself and the two other chaperones from our ward


Kickin' it at the dance


One of our cute Young Women!


Late night gossip fest

(In case you're wondering....it was the one on the right!)

I accomplished several great things over the weekend....some of which include consuming more junk food in one weekend than I thought humanly possible, staying up way too late gossiping with my girls about their boy obsessions, not being allowed to leave the dance to use the restroom because the old men monitoring the doors were convinced I was a youth....and finally, getting asked to dance by a 14 year old boy. How can you beat that kind of a weekend!

4 comments:

Nat said...

Cape Cod sounds so great! I want to go there sometime before we leave Vermont. Bryan and I are laughing so hard at your youth conference experience- did you end up dancing with that 13 year old boy!? That is so funny. I'm glad you had a good break and a good time at youth conference.

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

Fun! Love me some Cape Cod. I went there once when I was 17, with my parents. I'd love to go back someday.

Unknown said...

Cape Cod looks so beautiful! What a fun weekend. I didn't know you like to golf. How fun! Asked to dance at youth conference, huh? Good to know you've still got it! :)

Burke family said...

Oh man! I am so jealous. I would love to visit Cape Cod. It looks amazing!