Wednesday, May 11, 2011

One of those days...

It's been one of those days. You know, the kind that just needs to end. And it's only 2:00 in the afternoon. Too many tears, too few naps. I think my child just might be bi-polar. Yesterday was the most perfect day. Two long naps, and the rest of the day we spent laughing and playing together. Today, the exact opposite. No naps, and NO laughing! I'm just counting down the days till Ben's schedule ISN'T 6-6 everyday. I think Lexi gets sick of my face by the end of the day...

It's a good thing her face is so dang cute though. How could I ever get sick of a face like this...


I've decided it's really hard to fill 12 hours of the day with meaningful activities. I feel like we do it all; read stories, play with toys, listen to music, go on walks, go to library, the zoo, the park, the mall, buy groceries, run errands, clean the house, cook dinner (occasionally)...and it's still only 1 or 2 in the afternoon. I'm running out of productive ideas...and my baby is only 5 months old!

Ahh, the joys of motherhood! Speaking of motherhood. I had a great Mother's Day, thanks to my incredibly thoughtful spouse. Beautiful flowers, a delicious meal, and a lot of relaxing on the couch! I feel so lucky to be married to someone so perceptive and caring.

I still hear crying coming from a special someone's bedroom. I think I'll just go to my happy place and let her work through this one on her own...

4 comments:

M said...

sorry it's been such a rough day. hang in there! and know that you are amazing for doing all that you do!

btw, this just all makes me real glad i'm not a mom yet.

btw2, i hope you make time for yourself too and doing things you want to do...otherwise, you'll go crazy!

Heather and Ben said...

Blogger is being so strange...it deleted my comments. Weird.

Mrs. Vanna Z said...

The days of motherhood have their ups and downs, but one thing is certain, that little girl is blessed to call you "mother".

Katie said...

Before you know it, she'll be running around and wanting to spend hours swinging from the monkey bars at the park. Hang in there!