Monday, October 27, 2008

And the winner is...

Last Thursday Ben's intramural football team won the championship for the second year in a row. Their team, comprised of medical students and residents has basically dominated intramural football for the last three years (with the exception of losing the championship the first year). To be precise...their record over the last three years is 17 and 1. Not bad huh!
If you know Ben very well, you know that he LOVES intramural sports. I am sure that when we leave Vermont he will be very sad to see his intramural days come to a close!
It's been so fun watching all of the games this year with fellow medical friends. Last year all of the games were right in the middle of my teaching schedule, and I didn't make it to a single one. It was really sad! So I was thrill when I found out all of his games were at 8:00 this year...minus the fact that it has been freezing cold at 8:00 the last couple of weeks!

Luckily we don't have to be too sad that football is over since 3 on 3 basketball starts this week! These sporting events really do end up being one of the highlights of my week. I get to catch up with good friends, Ben gets to play sports, and we quite frequently find an excuse to go out for ice cream or something afterward! It's a win-win-win situation!

Here are some a couple of pictures of the football team, and the girls freezing to death on the sidelines. It couldn't have been more that 30 degrees that night!






We also went to Boston this past weekend for my nephew's 2nd birthday. As always, we loved being in Boston with family. Highlights of course included watching Wonder Pets and the Curious George movie, playing at the park, taking a walk around Fresh Pond, eating at Sound Bites, checking out my sister's new house, and just hanging out with the cutest little boy ever. We also managed to fit the temple into our busy play schedule. I just love the Boston temple. It is so beautiful!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea for intermeral football! that looks like so much fun. You guys are going to have some athletic kids!

April said...

Hey have you bleached your hair yet? I tagged you on my blog!