Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Perfect Trip

I just got back from spending 6 days in Phoenix and I'm pretty sure it was a perfect trip (minus the fact that Ben wasn't there). In my mind, the components of a perfect trip are as follows:

1) Good Food
2) Good Company
3) Great Shopping
4) Warm weather

We had all of the above....and more!
The reason for my trip was to attend my sisters graduation....though I shouldn't need a reason to go visit. The last time I had been to visit her was when Ben and I got engaged, so I was past due for a visit.
Attending Alie's graduation was awesome. I felt like a proud mom, all teary eyed, snapping all kinds of embarrassing photos wherever possible. She graduated from Thunderbird's International MBA program...and did I mention she was FIRST in her class. She's annoyingly modest, and didn't plan on bragging to anyone, so I've made it my personal business to make sure people know!
We had a great time together. It was fun to see my parents and my little brother as well....who were fresh off the plane from Hawaii.
We basically shopped the weekend away in Scottsdale, ate at some awesome restaurants, and relaxed by the pool in 107 degree weather.
I decided after this weekend that I NEED to live in Arizona. It's perfect for someone like me with with the cold disease! I finally felt warm for the first time in a while!

At our favorite gelato place the night I arrived

My little brother during the graduation ceremony....it really wasn't THAT boring!

Alie got to represent Canada in the Flag Ceremony....her speech rocked!






We were a little tired after graduation and a busy afternoon of shopping!

Relaxing after a long day!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Your family is so cute! Your sister is just as stylish as you are! I hear you about cold disease...I definitely suffer from it too!

I'm glad you had such a fun trip. It's nice to get away every once in a while!

Erica said...

I don't remember your family at all from the wedding. Your sister is so cute! Move to AZ then you and Ben will be a much closer! That would be fun!

Helena said...

How fun to see your family! Everyone looks so different.

DMC Studios said...

Holy moly...your brother is so grown up! What amazing degree did Alison get? She's so smart. Did you go down by yourself? A line here and there on blogs is not good enough for me, I need to talk to you on the phone. Call me. My family just created a blog are you ready for this? ggthe fabfiveandthethreestooges.blogspot.com I was wondering if we could fit some more words in there?

Anonymous said...

Hey its your cousin Lauren! I did not even know you had a blog or I would of been on here sooner. You guys look like you all had so much fun. Here is my email address...doanelauren@gmail.com. Write me..we have alot of catching up to do!
Love Lauren

Melissa Stubbs said...

Hey! Glad you found us! It looks like you had a great time on your trip. We are glad to have you back in Burlington, even though it is cold!